Culture of Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh is a place where different kinds and cultures of people lives. Many tribal people also reside in the dense forests of Himachal Pradesh.
Some ethnic groups also have their hometown in Himachal Pradesh. They belong to the origin of Aryans. While others who are Lahaul and Spiti are mostly formed Mongols origin. You can also find people wearing Hamachali Hat in different places. The people of Kinnaur in Himachal Pradesh are very beautiful. In their looks and wears traditional ornaments.
You can find Hardworking and Sensitive people in Himachal Pradesh. Most of the farmers of Himachal Pradesh work in the field daily. Which helps them toearn money for the bright future of the children. The state consists of different races, communities, and religions of people. But still, they are connected with a special bond towards each other. Many monuments and temples are found in Himachal Pradesh. If you want to experience the snowfall in Himachal Pradesh please visit during the months of January and February. Manali and Shimla are the perfect places to visit in the winter season. Come to Himachal Pradesh and experience the land of Heaven like never before. You can also find the tourist information about Himachal Pradesh from this site.
People of Himachal Pradesh
Most people of Himachal Pradesh are engaged in agriculture and while others live a simple life. Nearly 90% of the population of Himachal Pradesh is Hindus and others are Buddhists. They are mostly found in McLeodganj, Dharamshala, and some areas of Spiti and Lahaul. You can find many Hindu communities in Himachal Pradesh. Some of them are Brahmins, Rajputs, Kannets, Rathis, and Kolis. The people of Himachal Pradesh are very humble and helpful. These people don’t live in the modern world. They believe the valleys and mountains of Himachal Pradesh as their home. That’s why they live so simply and peacefully.
You can find a number of tribal people in Himachal Pradesh. The different tribal communities in Himachal Pradesh are Gaddis, Kinnar, Gujjars, Pangawals, and Lahaulis. Most of these tribal people are living in the hilly forests of Himachal Pradesh. You can take a tribal tour of Himachal Pradesh to know more about them. A number of Nepali origin people also come to Himachal Pradesh in search of employment.
Languages in Himachal Pradesh
As most of the people in Himachal Pradesh are Hindus. They don’t speak languages like Urdu. These people mostly speak the Pahari language which they use to interact with each other. Some people also uses the Kashmiri language to communicate with others. Other than Pahari and Prakrit. Some also speak in the Punjabi language due to the joint border of Himachal Pradesh and Punjab.
Traditional Dresses in Himachal Pradesh
- Traditional dresses of different people of Himachal Pradesh. Depends on the origin they belong to. Most of the women are found in Scarves and shawls. While the men are found in different kinds of Kurtas and Himachali caps.
- The Rajputs of Himachal Pradesh are dressed most distinctly. Men of this community wear stiffened Kutas and Churidars. While, Women wear salwars, ghagra, choli, and Rawhide.
- The farmers are mostly seen in simple Kurtas. While women are seen wearing a traditional cloth on head named Dhatu.
So, this is the culture of Himachal Pradesh. It seems very attractive as the people of Himachal are good in nature. I would like everyone to once visit Himachal Pradesh.
Book your tickets on
Here are some more blogs:-
- List Of Hill Stations In Himachal Pradesh To Visit This Vacation
- Top 12 Cuisine Of Punjab Everyone Must Taste
- Top 25 Places to visit in Punjab
- 19 Things To Do In Jammu And Kashmir This Vacation
- 27 Places To Visit In JAMMU AND KASHMIR During Your Holidays
- Top 5 Things You Should Avoid In Lakshadweep Island
- Top 15 Activities To Do In Lakshadweep Islands
- A Handpicked List Of The Things To Do In The Andaman Islands
- Top 27 Places To Visit In Andaman And Nicobar Islands