Owing to the present day pollution and unstable lifestyles, our hair is prone to overheat and extreme damages. This could cause some temporary or permanent hair damages which can be corrected though home made hair masks and face packs.
We can resort to some homemade remedies for hair damages that can be corrected easily:
DRY AND FRIZZY HAIR
- Coconut oil: There is no better rescue to a dry hair better than coconut oil. Apply coconut oil to the scalp and massage it nicely and leave the hair soaked in the oil overnight. Use a mild shampoo next day to rinse hair. Regular use of coconut oil does wonders to hair!
- Almond oil: Almond oil is rich in vitamin A, B, D and E, potassium and calcium.
It helps in giving nutrients to hair, strengthens the hair root and make them soft. The 19 percent linoleic acid it contains protects skin from UV radiation, adds moisture and soothes skin.
- Eggs: Eggs give a soft and smooth texture and as well makes the hair root steady. Apply egg to the scalp and let it rest for 20 minutes. Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Honey-Oil: Honey when mixed with any oil such as coconut or almond oil gives complete protection to hair against heat damage.
- Egg-Honey-Yogurt: The combination of honey and yogurt with egg is a very good solution for a dry and frizzy hair. It helps in providing protein and necessary vitamins to make the hair healthy.
- Banana-Honey-yogurt: Banana increases the elasticity of hair shafts and makes hair root stronger and the hair texture softer. If banana is mixed with yogurt and honey it creates an effective hair pack which gives total protection to hair from hair damage.
- Coconut milk-Aloe-Vera/Avocado:This combination helps in repairing frizziness and hair damage of any sort, if used in a regular basis.
- It acts as a great conditioner and leaves the hair soft, smooth and silky
- Baking soda-Water: Baking soda is alkaline in nature, which helps in cleansing impurities and unnecessary oil from hair. This helps in retaining the health of our hair and keep it natural.
- Green tea: Green tea is rich in polyphenols which is very beneficial when it comes to oily scalp. It helps in removing excess oil from hair and make it healthy as well.
- Fenugreek (Methi): Soaking fenugreek seeds overnight and blending it with water in mixer the next day gives amazing results. It helps in reducing dandruff to a great extent
- Small onion: Onion is a very good ingredient for reducing dandruff. It also adds to texture and makes the root stronger.
In the present days, skin has been subject to harsh conditions and extreme pollution that has led to skin damage.
Here’s solutions to various kinds of damaged skin:
- Coconut oil: There is nothing like coconut oil which is good for skin, hair and also consumption. Coconut oil contains Vitamin A, C and D, calcium and iron. It helps in rejuvenating the skin and make it smooth. It gets rid of dead cells and enhances the skin texture.
- Milk cream: Milk cream helps in locking the moisture of the skin and help in getting rid of wrinkles and spots too.
SKIN IRRITATION AND ITCHING
- Oatmeal baths: Oatmeal has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties which helps soothe the skin irritation and itching. It helps in locking the moisture of the skin and keep the skin intact.
- Aloe-Vera: It has anti-inflammatory properties and helps in moisturizing the skin and getting rid of dryness.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is the best anti-bacterial product and has proved it since ages. It helps in fighting most of the bacteria and gives a youthful glow to the skin.
OILY SKIN AND ACNE PRONE SKIN
- Honey: Honey helps in reducing the oiliness and helps in retaining only the essential oils and moisture in the skin.
- Almonds-Honey: Grinding raw almonds and mixing honey with it helps exfoliate the skin and remove the impurities which causes acne.
- Turmeric-Lemon: Turmeric mixed with lemon is a terrific combination and helps prevent acne.It removes impurities and the acne roots.
FOR ACHIEVING SKIN-GLOW
- Papaya: There is no better ingredient than papaya when it comes to brightening the skin and adding that extra glow to the skin. The papaya extract should be gently applied on face and let it dry for 20 minutes and rinse it off.
- Tomato: Tomato has vitamin; B1, B3, B5, B6, B7, K, choline, iron, potassium, magnesium, zinc and phosphorus. This helps in exfoliating the skin and add youthful glow.
- Potato: Potato helps in removing the tan from skin and make the skin brighter. It also helps in removing the impurities from skin.