being a dietitian we really need to have effective tips for diabetic patients for normal healthy regular easy life. by these you guys with diabetes can control your body sugar level as well as feel good everytime without taking any tension about your body sugar level.
#tip1 : Eat more starch based carbohydrates
most of the nutritionists viewed that diabetes should desist from starchy food because starchy food are susceptible to raise blood glucose level to an abnormal weight gain. that’s why simple carbohydrates are get neglected from regular diets because they easily get broken down and increase body blood sugar level.
carbohydrates which can be eaten by diabetic patients
- lentils – got 20 gm / 1/2 cup
- apples – 30 gm in 1 medium apple
- blueberries – 21 gm per cup
- sweet potato – 26 gm in 1 medium
- yogurt – 17 gm in 1 cup plain, low fat
- oatmeals – carbs 21gm per 3/4 cup
- quinoa – 20 gm / 1/2 cup
#tip2 : Take fruits in moderation
fruits are safe for people with diabetes to eat in moderation. fruits with high glycemic index can blood sugar level which will create high diabetic risk and prediabetes.
things have to avoid tips for diabetic patient
- dried fruits with added sugar.
- canned fruits with sugar syrup.
- jam, jelly, and other preserves with added sugar.
- sweetened apple sauce.
- fruits drinks and fruit juices.
- canned vegetable with added sodium.
- pickles that contain sugar or salt.
list of fruits tips for diabetic patient
- kiwi fruits
having a low glycemic index, the fruits will not lead to a sharp rise in your blood glucose level compared to other carbohydrates containing foods. citrus fruits like grapefruits, oranges and lemon are full of fibre, vitamin C, folate and potassium.
#tip3 : consume fibres
fiber – particularly soluble fibers can slow the absorption of sugar and help improve blood sugar levels. a healthy diet including insoluble fibre may also reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
fibers best for diabetics tips for diabetic patients
legumes, such as beans, peas, and lentils are some of the highest-fibre food out there. in fact, a half-cup serving of cooked beans delivers 8 gm of fibres.
#tip4 : Animal proteins
people in diabetes can be advised to eat an extra serving of protein instead of carbohydrates at meal or snack if they are still hungry after eating there usual carbohydrates servings because protein do not give effect on blood glucose level.
animals products for diabetes tips for diabetic patient
- fish and seafood
- chicken and other poultry
- eggs and low fat dairy
#tip5 : Maintain a healthy weight
maintaining a healthy weight ha its obvious health benefits. it can also help to better manage your type 2 diabetes, in fact losing weight can decrease risk for diabetes comlications.
maintain a healthy weight for decrease in blood sugar level
- follow a healthy diet, and if you are overweight or obese, reduce your daily intake by 500 calories for weight loss.
- add physical activities in daily routine.
- limit the time you spend being physically inactive.
#tip6: consult a dietician
working with a registered dietician can help you plan a healthy diet, improve blood sugar level, control weight etc. what, when, and how much you can eat or your ability to control sugar level and when you are managing type 2 diabetes.