It is an important mineral, through less discussed than iron and calcium. at its core, potassium rich foods are crucial for life and the functioning of several organs including the heart, kidneys, brain and muscular tissues.
here are top 7 potassium foods
Bananas are well known for being rich in potassium.
one medium size banana has 42 mg of potassium, or 12 percent of the recommended dietary intake.
you can eat this fruit as a snack or add it to oatmeal, yogurt and smoothies.
other benefits of banana rather named as potassium rich foods
- bananas are respectable source of vitamin C.
- manganese in banana is god for your skin.
- bananas can aid digestion and help beat gastrointestinal issues.
- bananas give you energy and reduces fats and cholesterol.
- bananas are good source of vitamin K.
Just 1 ripe avocado provides 975 mg of potassium, which equivalent to 30 percent of the recommended dietary intake.
other benefits of avocado rather named as potassium rich foods
- avocado is incredibly nutritious and healthy.
- they contain more amount of potassium than bananas.
- it is loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids.
- they are also loaded with fiber.
- eating habit of avocados can lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- people who eats avocado are healthier.
Most dark green vegetables are rich in potassium, but spinach is worth mentioning.
Just 1 cup of boiled spinach provides 839 mg of potassium, which is equivalent to 24 percent of the recommended dietary intake.
you can enjoy this green vegetable in salads, vegetable juice or green smoothies.
also spinach can be added to soups, side dishes or omelets.
other benefits of spinach rather named as potassium rich foods
- it is rich in vitamin A,C and K, magnesium, iron for sure and manganese.
- it can benefit your eyes health, reduce oxidative stress and reduce blood pressure
- levels among other health functions.
Another potassium rich food is sweet potato.
Just 1 medium sized sweet potato contains 952 mg of this mineral, which is equivalent to 27 percent of the recommended dietary intake.
other benefits of sweet potato rather named as potassium rich foods
- highly nutritious.
- great source of fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- promote gt health.
- may have cancer fighting properties.
- support healthy vision.
- may enhance brain functions.
- may support immune system.
white beans are also very rich source of potassium and just 1/2 cup provides you with 502 mg, or more thsn 15 percent of the daily recommended amount.
other benefits of white beans rather named as potassium rich foods
- they are nutritional powerhouse.
- they are packed with fiber, protein and a good source of numerous micronutrient including potassium, folate, magnesium etc.
- 1 cup beans provides calories- 242.
Baked potatoes are also a good source of potassium.
1 medium sizes baked potato with skin contains almost 950 mg of potassium, thus providing with about 27 percent of the recommended dietary amount.
other benefits of Baked potatoes rather named as potassium rich foods
- just 110 calories.
- no fat, sodium and cholesterol.
- nearly half your daily value of vitamin C
- potassium amount is more than a banana.
- a good source of vitamin B6.
- fiber, magnesium and antioxidants.
- resistant starch.
all dried fruits like peaches, prunes, figs and raisins are great sources of potassium.
however, dried apricot are one of the best potassium rich foods, as just 1/2 cup contains 755mg of this mineral.
it provides about 22 percent of recommended dietary intake.
other benefits of dried apricot rather named as potassium rich foods
- contains high amount of nutrients.
- encourages cell growth.
- builds up the immune system.
- maintains good vision.
- keeps bones healthy.
- assists in reproduction.
i hope this will convince you to add some potassium to your meals or routine.
Blogs Trending this week :
- Dadi k useful nushkhe in 2020 ( trending )
- Chanakya tips to not struggle in life
- Moles on a body can tell your fortune ( trending )
- Bizarre laws in India
- 10 Best Online Internships for IT students in 2020 ( trending )
- 4 Government Jobs For IT students in 2020
- Chanakya Tips For Government Job Aspirants
- Popular Books to Crack Government Exams in 2020 ( trending )
- Some Shocking Facts About Women Psychology ( trending )
- 5 Popular Websites among IT students
- How to Become a Full Stack Web Developer? ( trending )
- Get Certified By NPTEL Online Courses
- 5 Popular Government Jobs Websites
- Few tips for a strong relationship ( trending )
- 7 useful tips before practicing law in India
- 2020 Experts Tips About Corona in Rainy Season ( trending )